Thursday, December 29, 2011

X Out Wash-In Treatment


    
      I was sent this product to test courtesy of Influenster. My first thought was “What is this?” Then I read on and saw that this product was a baby of Proactiv and I have to admit I was biased. Ok, Ok but don’t judge me (atleast I admitted it). Proactiv and I have long history together so it is a product that I hold dear to my heart.

     First off, the packaging of this product was cute I guess that opinion is also biased being that I love anything sporting purple! On a more serious note, I do love the pump action. My only criticism of the packaging is that it would be nice if there was a clear slit along the side to make the inside contents visible. I’m terrified of the day I go to use it only to have air pass through the pump. As soon as I get some money (life of a broke college student -_-) I plan to order me some from www.xout.com.

Now when using the product there were a few things I liked and a few I didn’t.
·      When applying the product to my face I noticed it had really small exfoliating beads just like Proactiv. I liked this because it wasn’t too rough like other brands I’ve tried where it left my face feeling like I just scrubbed it with a Brillo pad of some sort. Exfoliating is very important but if abused it can actually be a cause of breakouts.
·      Unlike Proactiv it did have this tingling sensation going on. It was irritating at first but now I find it to be quite refreshing.
·      As I continued to use the product I did run into a small issue. I began to experience some dryness. I was careful about not over using the product, as this can be an issue with any “acne fighting” product. I was following the use of the product with an “acne fighting” face lotion. I know this is where I went wrong. It is usually not directed to mix these types of products. I, in this situation, didn’t have much choice because I couldn’t NOT moisturize. I am really looking forward to the results of the ‘XOut Wash In Treatment’ in combination with the ‘XOut Shine Control Oil-Free Moisturizer’.
      My overall experience with this product was great. I noticed it worked very quickly in getting rid of present breakouts. After about a week I started to notice the appearance of smaller breakouts but they began to go away days following their appearance. I figured that to be like the ’detox’ period. I liked that there was no need to follow up with a toner because I noticed the product managed to do it on its own. If I ever find the product to be too drying I go a few days solely using it as a spot treatment. The option to use this product as daily wash, spot treatment, or mask worked out in my favor and in ensuring that my face consistently got the treatment it needed. I love feeling like I am getting the maximum benefit from this product at all times, regardless of the way I choose to use it. 
*I did receive the above products free of charge but was not paid to review them. My opinions expressed are  100% honest.*
                                            _________________________________
   X Out Wash-In Treatment
"The unique, one-step X Out™ Wash-In Treatment is formulated to help kill the bacteria that causes breakouts, help banish existing pimples and help leave the skin feeling smooth and looking healthy.

X Out™ works to lift away the dirt and grime that can clog pores.  The Wash-In Treatment also leaves behind powerful medicine to help keep pores clean.  Learn more and purchase at XOut.com.  X Out is sold as a 30-day supply and comes with a bonus Shine Control product to help you fight oil all day for $19.95."